Apologies for the mangled links. Discourse is given me a cryptic error about not being allowed to link to “that host” without any additional info on what the problem is. Replace “(dot)” with “.”
Presentation from Wendy Dembowski on Grafeas (slides: docs(dot)google(dot)com/presentation/d/13zaA953c6JXUkSI7uXBlauXWCWDrdrr98A5SkyT7tXU )
- Grafeas is a recently announced open source project from Google that defines a metadata API for computing components.
- Two primary concepts:
- Note - a relatively static piece of information such as a CVE description, or a normalized piece of information that will have many occurrences.
- Occurrence - references a note in a specific context, possibly with context specific additional information.
- Currently has Swagger and Protobuf based definitions of the metadata.
- Likely to drop Swagger and only officially support Protobuf. SIG was supportive of this plan.
SIG members to take a look at Grafeas for more in depth discussion at next SIG.